Unwind, the Loyalist College training Spa, is a state-of-the-art facility operated by the Esthetics & Spa Management Ontario College diploma program. Applications for the program are accepted in September and January each year.
The training Spa supports contemporary training in traditional esthetic services, medical spa and advanced body therapies offered to clients in destination resorts, full service day spas and medical spas.
Spa industry partners include:
- Institute Esthederm
- Balnea: Eve Taylor North America, TheraGenesis, and Bion skin care
- Creative Nail Design (CND)
- Local Health Unit
What to expect at Unwind Spa at Loyalist College:
Clients of The Spa are a part of classroom learning experience allowing students to perform treatments and customer service skills in a live spa environment; this is a graded course for the students and faculty feedback and support is a part of the class. Treatment times may not necessarily reflect the menu of services for Unwind Spa, however, students are working towards meeting goals of common industry service standards.
Education is always the focus of any spa appointment, and clients can expect to receive an in-depth consultation regarding at-home skin, body, and nail care regimes when they visit.
As the spa is a learning institute, specialized treatments are offered as they fit the curriculum throughout the academic year. Faculty appreciate the support and understanding that clients show when booking and receiving treatments, as there may be times when students are still at the early stages of learning.
The spa boasts a high-end retail boutique for clients’ prescriptive skin, nail, and body care needs. Reusable gift cards are available and have no expiry dates. All retail products and gift cards are gift-wrapped to support our students’ merchandising skills.
About Unwind Spa:
- Debit, Mastercard and Visa are accepted methods of payment.
- Spa opening hours vary depending on the academic semester so please check the hours of operation. Extended hours may be offered from May to August.
- College visitor parking is available at a cost of $5.oo per day.
- Due to privacy laws, students are instructed not to leave messages when returning phone calls unless prior consent is given by the client.
- High school students are welcome to attend with a parent to receive a complimentary skin consultation for skin conditions such as acne. Students will educate teens on skin care and which products would help their condition the most.
For Your Appointment:
- Unwind Spa is located through the main Kente building entrance next to the health centre.
- You will be required to fill out a health record prior to treatments; please arrive 10 minutes early.
- Please bring open toe shoes for pedicure appointments.
- Please do not shave 24 hours prior to a body treatment or pedicure service.